Extension to sewer services
Prior to making any sewerage works extensions, we shall undertake to:
- Carry out a survey to establish the demand, willingness and the affected population’s ability to pay for the intended services through:
- Consultations with the local authority on issues related to extension of the sewerage works, including land issues
- Carry out a cost benefit analysis to establish the following:
- The viability of the sewerage works
- Cost of the sewerage works
- Population density of the area
- The expected level of new connections
- Break-even period
- Pay-back period
- Where an extension service is found to be unviable, OMWASCO has a social responsibility to provide advise on safe on-site sanitation.
- We shall extend sewerage services to all areas established to have potential demand.
- We shall communicate with our customers about the following:
- Availability of sewerage
- Location of our contact offices
- Price of our sewerage services
- Public health safety and advantages of using OMWASCO sewerage services.